Refer to the exhibit. A network engineer is configuring IPv6 routing on the network. Which command issued on router HQ will configure a default route to the Internet to forward packets to an IPv6 destination network that is not listed in the routing table?
- ipv6 route ::/0 serial 0/1/1
- ipv6 route ::1/0 serial 0/1/1
- ipv6 route ::/0 serial 0/0/0
- ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 serial 0/1/1
Answers Explanation & Hints:
The command that will configure a default route for IPv6 traffic on router HQ is:ipv6 route ::/0 Serial0/0/0
This command configures a default route (::/0) to forward all IPv6 traffic to the next-hop interface Serial0/0/0, which in this case is the interface connected to the ISP. This default route will forward all traffic that is not in the routing table to the ISP, which allows the network to reach IPv6 destination networks that are not directly connected.The other options listed are not correct for various reasons:
- “ipv6 route ::1/0 serial 0/1/1” is incorrect because the ::1/0 address block is not a valid IPv6 address block.
- “ipv6 route ::/0 serial 0/1/1” is incorrect because it specifies the wrong interface (Serial0/1/1) as the next-hop interface for the default route.
- “ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 serial 0/1/1” is incorrect because it is a command for configuring a default route for IPv4 traffic, not IPv6 traffic.